Below are some of the careers our alumni have pursued. Click on each category to view more information. Keep in mind that while some categories are well defined (e.g. dentist, physician) research careers are more fluid, with individuals moving from positions in academia to ones in industry, and vice versa. Also, some pursue career paths that could be classified in more than one category. Many graduates choose to work in various "lab tech" positions during a gap year or years before entering graduate or professional programs. Each person's path is unique.
These pages are being written and updated as alumni respond to requests for information. Check back for updates.
- Dentist (DDS graduate or current student)
- Faculty Member (Professor or Instructor in Academic Institution)
- Forensic Scientist
- Genetic Counselor (MS graduate or current student)
- Optometrist (OD)
- PhD Student or Post Doc (various disciplines)
- Pharmacist (PharmD graduate or current student)
- Physician (MD or DO graduate or current student)
- Physician Assistant (MPA)
- Physician Scientist (MD plus PhD or MPH)
- Public Health Professional (MPH or PhD)
- Podiatrist (DPM)
- Research Scientist (Academic/Government)
- Research Scientist (Biotech Industry - not plants)
- Research Scientist (Clinical)
- Research Scientist (Plant Breeding Industry)
- Science Writer
- Unique Careers - Something Unexpected!
- Veterinarian (DVM)